background

Friday, April 17, 2009

Day Two- On the Road again

this picture got out of place.. this is when we finally arrived in Katy
On the road again

our stop in LA

finally asleep

stopping in TX





one of the many oil refineries



picture of Houston

Thursday morning we left around 9:00 to start our ride to Texas. Emma Tucker did excellent on the ride yesterday. She played dolls, watched TV and sang songs. The worst part of the drive for Mommy was Louisiana. Why would any person want to live in this swampy state beats me? Most of you know that I despise bridges and that is all this state is... one big bridge. One bridge lasted for over 20 minutes. I just kept trying to come up with my survival game plan if this bridge went down. At one point I said, "I am about to die." Later on, Emma Tucker said, "Mommy, I am about to die too." Once we finally got off the bridge, we stopped for a potty break and Brandon got Emma Tucker some lunch. He came back to the car with a daiquiri for me for surviving the bridge. I needed it before we got on the bridge.. not afterwards. I've decided that whole state needs our prayers... all the drive-thru daiquiri bars and casinos. I felt like I was in culture shock. I've been to LA before, but I just forget how different it is than GA. I had great intentions of taking pictures as we entered every state to make Emma Tucker a scrapbook of her trip to Texas, but I didn't get any of those taken. However, we did stop at the Texas welcome center because I was determined to get some pictures for her to have later on in life. As luck would have it, she had finally fallen asleep for the first time that day. I decided I had no idea when she would be back to Texas so I woke her up to take some pictures. The Welcome Center was built on a swamp so they had walkways built out into it. Brandon loved it because he could see snakes eating fish, turtles, etc. I wasn't that impressed and went inside to get brochures for Emma Tucker's scrapbook. Unfortunately, we hit Houston right at rush hour and Emma Tucker had to go to the bathroom. We didn't have anywhere to stop so she had an accident. We finally arrived at our hotel in Katy at 6:36 on Thursday night. It took 14 hours to get here, but we made it. We are staying at the Springhill Suites in Katy, TX. Jacy's family had us over for dinner last night and Emma Tucker was so glad to be able to run around the yard that she didn't eat any dinner. We came back to the room and crashed. By the way, I really want a king size bed. We are getting spoiled sleeping in one in our hotel.

No comments: