background

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I want to be Martha Stewart...Betty Crocker...but I am not! Last night, Brandon and I got the children together to make a gingerbread house. It was too cold to go and get our Christmas tree so we decided to make a gingerbread house instead. It's not near as much fun as it looks! (or easy for that matter). I guess my icing was too thick because I didn't have the arm strength to squeeze it out. After decorating the door I was over it (and that was the first thing I did). I did go on to do a little more, but I ended up throwing out lots of candy. I am mad none of my pictures turned out, because they would have been pretty funny. Emma Tucker and I used cornstarch to make each other look like Santa Claus. By the end of the night, our floor was covered in cornstarch. Brandon took lots of pictures, but for some reason none of them turned out. Guess what... Emma Tucker has already eaten a lot of the candy off the roof! Imagine that.

4 comments:

Ramsey Days said...

woah, where did you get this cute background????

Sandra said...

I tell you Christy you are making me jealous with all the add ons you are doing. Sounds like ya'll are really enjoying the children and making some good memories. It seems the visits are always too short so I am very thankful for your blog. It really does help me to keep in touch with the kids as they grow up.

Gina said...

love your background!

Christy Myhand said...

thanks..I got it thecutestblogontheblock