background

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Why the Myhands can't have an advent calendar







Tonight I went grocery shopping and thought I would be a cool mom this Christmas season. I bought a chocolate advent calendar and gingerbread house kit. When I got home Brandon put the advent calendar on top of the entertainment center. Sounds safe to me! Brandon and I went to the kitchen to finish putting up groceries and we noticed it got unusally quiet in the living room. Brandon came in to check on the children and Walker had a mouth full of chocolate! It must have fallen off the entertainment center because there is NO WAY he could reach it. SEVEN pieces were missing and Walker had at least SIX! Will had a little piece in his hand but Walker was covered in chocolate. He ran behind the chair to hide from Brandon. I was on the phone with Marcie and I started cracking up. She asked me if I spanked him but I was too busy laughing at him. Brandon was more aggravated because he had just finished bathing him. According to Walker's advent calendar we are 7 days closer to Christmas than I thought. I am not so sure about this Gingerbread House idea anymore.

3 comments:

Gina said...

so cute!!! thats a great memory for years to come!

Ramsey Days said...

Sounds like something that would happen here!! i still have our halloween candy WAY out of reach...or it'd all be eaten in one sitting!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!