Can you believe it? I don't have any pictures to go with this post. I know... I know.... it's going to be boring then. I know I just like to see everyone's pictures on their blogs. Anyway, this week is VBS and I am helping out in the preschool department. However, my own children haven't adjusted too well to VBS and I don't quite understand why. Their class is in their sunday school room... they go to preschool there during the week... they are there on Wednesday nights... Sunday mornings and nights and love it then... so why not now? Yesterday, the boys cried forever and ever and ever..... Today, Emma Tucker wouldn't stay in her class and the boys cried at times again. I don't know if it is because I am up there and they know it, but I am up there on other days too. I think by the time they are finally adjusted to one class, it is time to switch to a different room for a different class..art.. music.. bible study... recess... they just don't do well with change. Hopefully, the rest of the week will be better.
When we got home from VBS today, Brandon called and said he had been given tickets to the Gwinnet Braves game if we wanted to go. So, I put the children back into the car and met Brandon at Collins Hill and we drove over to the stadium. It was great... air conditioner... baseball...an empty suite for us. The kids enjoyed it for a while, but after 4 innings we knew it was time to go home. I want all of you know this was Brandon's first experience at a ballgame with his children. He now has a little taste of what our Friday nights are like at his games. He can at least see why I can't tell him a thing that has happened during the game. Will was by far the most interested in watching the ball game. When Emma Tucker realized we were going to leave, she sat down and said, "I just want to watch the ballgame." A little too late though. It was a fun unexpected outing that we all enjoyed for a little while.
Oh yeah....I interviewed for a job last week and today was offered the position. I have a few days to decide what I am going to do. Our church has decided to add primary grades to our preschool, and I interviewed for the first grade position. The goal is to add one grade per year. If I take the job, I would be the only primary grades teacher this year. Keep us in your prayers as we decide on the best decision for our family!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
it's got to be because neither me or Heather are in there :)
totally missed the part about you being offered the job! Congratulations! You'll make the right decision. I have tons of 2nd grade stuff if you need anything!
Post a Comment