
Well, it's finally time I guess to fix up the boys' room for once and for all. We never did them a room because we thought we would be moving. Since no one is even calling about our house and they are about to be two years old this summer, we have decided to fix them up a room of their own. Currently, there is a crib in the guest room where Walker sleeps. Will is sleeping in Emma Tucker's bed and Emma Tucker sleeps with us. Our plan is to put the guest bed in storage and put up toddler beds in that room. We still are not going to do much to the room b/c:
1) they will destore it probably
2)we do hope to move at some point
3) and we know we will be redoing it again in a few years when we buy bunk beds
For all of the reasons above, they are going to use the furniture that is in the room now. It is my furniture that I have had since I was a little girl. We purchased 2 toddler beds for $60 each at Walmart and two trains, planes and automobiles bedding from Target. My goal is to not spend more than $300 fixing them up a room. So far so good. We have spent about $250 so far including two beds and two sets of bedding. We found some oops paint at Home Depot for $5 and we may try that color on the walls. My friend Sarah gave us some cute wrapping paper that she framed for her son's room and we did the same. We found some frames at Ikea for $1.99 each and we framed 4 pieces of wrapping paper for their room. The best part about the frames is that they are platic and not glass. The boys tend to throw the pictures off of the wall, so nothing can be breakable in their room. I contemplated Brandon and I painting a train on their wall this summer and putting up the scripture about... Train up a child in the way they should go.... As we work on this project this summer I will update our progress.





No comments:
Post a Comment