Saturday morning we got up and went to 4J Farms to pick strawberries! What a great morning to be out picking strawberries it turned out to be. The weather was perfect! Everyone acted just as expected. Will held the basket, stood right beside us, and said "Thank you" everytime someone put a strawberry in the basket. Walker put strawberries in his mouth, spit them out, and sat in the middle of the patches. Emma Tucker understood which strawberries could be picked, picked a few and ran off and did her own thing. Towards the end, she ran ahead of us and ran right into some mud! Emma Tucker can not stand her feet dirty! She will not even get her water shoes wet at the beach. She started screaming that her feet were buried in the mud. Brandon and I couldn't keep from laughing at her poor soul. The kind man who owns the strawberry patch wiped her feet clean for her. Once we got home, I tried my hand at making strawberry jam and strawberry pie. I've decided I love picking strawberries and can't wait to go again next year!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
LOVE the picture of Walker sitting in on the side of the strawberries!
Post a Comment