background

Saturday, August 15, 2009

We survived the first week of school!


Yeah! The first week of school is over and we all survived! All five of us started school on Monday and it went pretty well. I feel like a cafeteria every day when I am making lunches for everyone! We went through 2 loaves of bread by Wednesday! Brandon has to get up and leave by 5, so it is up to me to get us all ready for school. However, it has been working pretty well. I get everyone's clothes out the night before and have everything packed for the next morning. I was afraid it would be hard for the children to get up and go to school with me, but they have adjusted very well. Since I am the only class at the church that starts at 7:45, one of the preschool teachers come in early to watch my children for me. She also stays late and keeps them for me in the afternoons too. The hardest part is packing everyone's lunches, breakfast and snacks for the day. But we all survived and had a good first week of school. This is the first year Emma Tucker has gone to school for 5 days, but she seems to be soaking up so much already. She came home yesterday telling us her memory verse for the week. On Fridays, the boys go to a babysitter because there isn't a 2 year old class offered on Fridays!
Brandon had his first game last night and won 34-7! Hopefully, the whole season continue in the same way.
Here are a few pictures of the children at school on the first day. I had to send my camera since I can't go with them anymore. Emma Tucker doesn't want to wear her cute clothes anymore. It makes me so sad. She only wants to wear t-shirts, shorts and flip-flops. I have no idea who she gets that from!

1 comment:

sarah may said...

so glad everything is going well so far!