background

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jesse Tree

Okay.. here is my latest project and no, I haven't finished my other projects yet ... scrapbooks, etc. I don't know why I do this to myself... starting a new project before I finish another one. The boys may never have a finished scrapbook from their first year of life. I need to go and get pictures developed and get motivated again. Anyway, back to my original point. Holly was talking a few weeks ago about the Jesse tree she did this year at Christmas and I guess I have been living in a hole because I had not ever heard of it before. But, I loved the idea. If you don't know, you are reading a devotional everyday during Advent and it starts day one with the tree/stump. Isaiah 11:1-2..."A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a branch will bear fruit. The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him..." It basically starts with the lineage of Jesus, goes into Creation, then Adam and Eve and so on.. I don't know if I am making any sense. Right now, Holly gave me her two devotionals and I am retyping them into one devotional for me for next year. You can go online and print the symbols that correlate with the scripture to hang them on your tree. It says to hang the ornaments on a tree branch; however, I have seen some on-line that were hung on felt trees that looked like a real Advent calendar. That is what I want to do because I have been looking for 4 years now for an advent calendar for us to use. This way I will have it for every year afterwards. Does anyone know how to make an easy Advent tree? Also, I have found cross-stitch patterns for all the ornaments and I am thinking of taking on that project as well. Probably silly.... they won't be finished by next Christmas at the rate I finish things around here. If you are interested, I have found coloring sheets for the little ones that go along with the scripture for each day also. Here is the link:
http://www.jesse-trees.com/index.html
By the way, don't tell Mason about this.... it is my intention to have him a set made by his birthday so he can do it as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I discovered that idea this year too - through somebody's blog I think. Anyway, sounds really neat, and I want to do it too (but not likely that it will actually happen this year). Anyway, wanted to say I really like the new blog design - very cute!!