Saturday, January 3, 2009
January 3, 2009
Wow, it's hard to believe it is already 2009. Brandon will tell you one of my favorite things to do these days is to read other peoples' blogs. Maybe that is sad, but I love to see what other people are doing. Maybe I am just living vicarioulsy through them since I stay home and don't go and do much besides play and take care of the children and Brandon. But, I am perfectly fine with that. After reading many different blogs over the holidays, I realized Brandon and I might have been the only people who didn't attend a Christmas party this season. Maybe we aren't cool enough but we are completely fine with that too. We also stayed at home on New Year's Eve, but that is exactly where we wanted to be. We just love hanging out with our children! Anyway, one blog I enjoy reading is Beth Moore's blogs which is a link from mine. This year she is encouraging us to memorize one scripture every two weeks for the entire year. You are supposed to send her your new scripture on the first and fiftthteenth of every month. It is to be your accountability throughout the year and I am already behind. I've been dragging my feet and not wanting to truly commit to something I might not follow through with. However, tonight I have decided I am going to try and do this and even post the scripture I have chosen on my blog each month. Maybe I can trick myself into doing this by telling myself it HAS to be posted on my blog. So, with that said... you are not my accountability.... if I dont' post scripture twice a month get onto me and make me do it.I ran across this scripture tonight and thought maybe I should start my year with this one...Matthew 11:28-"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
OK - you post it and I'll try to memorize the same one you do!! Does that work?
Christy, I love looking at your blog and seeing your precious babies. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas ~~ children just make life more wonderful!! I'm not able to see all the pics, though . . . is something wrong with my computer; am I the only one who can't see all of them (some just have "x" in the picture box.) Anyway, the ones I can see are precious!!!!!!
It's me again . . . thought you might not recognize "Mimi" so thought I better say it's me . . .Brenda Penland.
Post a Comment